The Gift of Gratitude: Laughter
Have you ever laughed with or at something until you can’t breath, snorted, started gasping for breath? To me laughter is a sound of joy, happiness and peace within. I find myself laughing the most with my husband, at the dogs, grandkids and family. They fill my heart with a song that comes out in the tune of laughter.
I have wonderful memories of laughing with my sisters and brother (the kind of that makes you sound, act and look like a seal), and it is always so much fun getting together with them and reliving these memories with that kind of laughter.
Laughter is healthy, oh so healthy for the soul. It washes away and replace sadness, loneliness, depression, anger…with a smile, comfort, love, kindness, peace and joy.
Yes, I am grateful for something so wonderful, so filling and is a great gift to share.
Thank you Roda for your gift.
Much love from~
I found these quotes and wanted to share them with you, enjoy:
- [Humanity] has unquestionably one really effective weapon—laughter. Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug—push it a little—weaken it a little, century by century, but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. — Mark Twain
- A good laugh heals a lot of hurts. — Madeleine L’Engle
- A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing. — Herman Melville
- A good laugh is sunshine in the house. — William Thackeray
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. — Phyllis Diller
- A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around. — Carolyn Birmingham