Unique Blogger Award – what an honor. I would like to thank two wonderful people for this nomination:
Nel who is fabulous, sensational in every way. She has a heart of gold one that is full of love, compassion, a little mischievous and laughter. I so enjoy reading her stories, book reviews, travel adventures/interests but, most of all I admire her for the humanity and care she shares for endangered animals. Reactionary Tales is a must read!
Norin is someone I am becoming acquainted with and suggest you sit down while enjoying a cup of coffee or tea (your preference) and prepare yourself to be enlighten with book reviews, the excitement of books purchased and in detail as to why as well as a list of books read – which you may be incline to ask questions regarding the titles. I am very honored that I was nominated by Norin. Thank you! Please do check out Diary of a Bookfiend – I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
If you could pick a book to turn into a movie adaptation, what would it be?
Nel, this a tough one – I shamelessly admitted that I’m not an avid reader. However, I have indulged myself quite frequently in children’s books (spending 4-5 days taking care of my grand daughters) so with that being said, these are two children’s book short stories that comes to mind – they are a favorite of both girls. I chose these books for their illustrations, the one thing I think is so important for a child to develop – imagination and a lesson on how to not to judge, criticize another because someone/somebody thinks differently of them.
What inspires you most about your blog?
The best answer I have for this question would be is, I so very much enjoy sharing with others as well as their stories and comments. I like the idea of connecting with people in all walks of life. I enjoy laughing, crying, worrying, feeling excitement etc – along with people.
What author inspired you (doesn’t have to be a book; can be film director or music composer)?
Rachel Mary Berkeley Portman, an English composer who is best known for scoring films. I have listed a few of my favorite movies and soundtracks:
- The Cider House Rules
- The Other Sister
- The Legend of Bagger Vance
- The Lake House
What’s your favorite Disney Song???
I have three; Two from Cinderella “This is Love” and “Sing Sweet Nightingale” both performed by Ilene Woods and Dumbo’s “Baby Mine” performed by Betty Noyes.
- Out of five senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch), what is the most important to you and why? They’re all important to me but I think the least important would be taste or smell.
- I am suppose to wear glasses but half the time don’t – then become extremely frustrated because I can’t see! Oh how I would so miss the sight of my family growing up, the smiling faces of loved ones, the colors of the seasons.
- I have difficulty hearing if there is a lot of background noise but, not hearing the sound of birds singing, laughter, the gentle sound of my husband’s voice, Nana being yelled out with enthusiasm and excitement, music – would break my heart.
- Touch – I would desperately miss the touch of my husband’s hand or his strong arms wrapped around me, the soft fur of my dogs, the cool water in the summer or the warmth of a fireplace in the cold.
- I have a keen sense of smell.
- Taste – I love anything that tastes good!
Norin – this question made me cry!
- If you could recreate one food from your favorite books/films/TV shows etc., what would it be and why?
- All the food from the movie Chocolat – it looked sinfully divine!
- What was your favorite and least favorite subject in school and why?
- Favorite – Science I love studying nature and animals.
- Least Favorite – Math/Economics – it was like learning a foreign language.
Again, thank you Nel and Norin for the nomination and fun challenge!
My nominees are: I nominated these blogs for not only their uniqueness but for their love of writing, honesty and sharing. Feel free to check out their blogs – it will be a treat!
- What is an interesting/unique quality you have?
- The sun or the moon? Why?
- What unique object, book, anything do you own?