What is the Liebster Award?
The rules of this award:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs (tough call, yikes!)
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- If you could have one date with any celebrity, who would it be and why? If I had been asked this question 12 years ago I would have named soooooo many male celebrities then come to the realization of GIRL YOU HAVE FLIPPED YOUR MIND – CRAZZEEEEE!! They don’t have time for you! But now that I’m more mature (didn’t really want to say older) and happily married and I were going on a fun hang out, no pressure date – I would love to hang out with Sandra Bullock. I’ve always loved her and think she would be a lot of fun. If these two persons were still alive I would love, love, love to hang out with them – wouldn’t even have to go anywhere – Prince and Ray Charles. I love these two men for their incredible talents and what their music has done for me in my life.
- King’s Landing or King Arthur’s Court? King Arthur’s Court
- Which is cooler: dinosaurs or dragons? (that’s a trick question just sayin’) Definitely dragons
- Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Yes, more than once.
- Would you choose to fly like a bird and roam the sky or swim like a whale and roam the deep sea? Fly like a bird – Fly like an Eagle to the sea, fly like an eagle let my spirit carry me, I want to fly like an eagle til I’m free…..
- What’s your favorite Disney movie and why? I have to soooooo many but Dumbo is my favorite. I fell in love with the song Baby of Mine and couldn’t wait to sing it my baby.
- If you had the means to invent something, what would it be? I know I have an answer for this but darn it- that aha moment is just not happening!
- Why did you choose WordPress as your blogging platform instead of say Blogger or Wix? WordPress was the first name I saw when googled how to start a blog.
- What’s the one thing that makes you smile every single day? With the sake of sounding so girlish and love sick corny – but being completely honest – my husband, Robin.
- If you could live in a book world, which one would it be and why? Oh my, I enjoy different book genres and am not sure if I can pick just one book.
- Do you like pina coladas? (I may or may not be humming in my head) I do like pina coladas, my first alcoholic beverage.
Robin’s 11 random facts:
- My favorite car, since about the age of 6 (no lie), is a jag.
- I played the clarinet in middle/high school and later joined the color guard in the HS marching band.
- I attended 8 different elementary schools and 3 different high schools. I learned very young in life and real quick how to outwit, outsmart, fight off all types of disasters, be outgoing, outspoken and make friends. I learned how to survive….
- Before my father passed asway, I was a preacher’s kid (PK)-that may explain a lot!
- I love to drive fast cars
- I so want to go to England, Switzerland, Ireland and Italy
- You think I would be fluent in Spanish (after 12 years of marriage to a Hispanic) but, for the life of me can not learn Spanish!
- I tried learning Italian – let’s just say that didn’t go as planned
- I hate exercising. Therefore, I will never be a size 0 (unless I take other drastic measures-oh well that won’t be a problem I LOVE FOOD)
- I love gardening but can not stand putting my bare hands in the dirt. Dirt under my fingernails is torture for me!
- I wanted to join the army – be on the front line – but could not because of my knees (I now proudly display four hideous scars hiding four screws located above/under my knee caps).
- What is your favorite movie?
- Where was your last, best vacation?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Pets – Cat or Dog?
- What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
- What is your favorite quote and by whom?
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself something when you were at school, what would it be?
- What is number 1 on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite topic to write/blog about?
- If you were granted three wishes would would they be?
I’m still trying to get started in the blogging world and don’t have many to choose from so for now, I will pick one nomination.
Have a great day!