It is cloudy and raining today (Friday) but that’s ok cause when it’s cold outside I got the month of May (predicted temps next week 90 degrees) I guess you would say what can make me feel this way – MY FRIENDS – talking ’bout MY FRIENDS….
It is an honor to be nominated not only once but twice for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
I can not thank Roda the person who has the farm living lifestyle I so badly want and am so jealous over!! – Check out her amazing farm, garden and exciting tales of chickens, ducks and foxes at Growing Self. You’ll be delighted you did!
Also as stated earlier, a great big huge “ginormous” thank you to another wonderfully delightful person Linda, who you will enjoying meeting and reading the Maine Paper Pusher at Everyone Else Has The Best Titles – she has the most hilarious, witty and down right funny stories you’ll ever read. You won’t be disappointed!!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
- Use one word to describe yourself. Outgoing
- What is your favorite season? Why? I have two favorite seasons – Spring/Fall for the colors, decor, fragrances and crisp fresh air.
- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse? Definitely country
- What is your superpower? Lately I’ve been told I am the Best Nana Ever!! That’s a superpower right???
- Why do you write? I like sharing my stories and/or adventures AND it helps keep my mind occupied!! (which sometimes is sooooo very difficult to shut off especially at night)
- What is your favorite book? A home decorating magazine / book or good cookbook (hee hee)
- What brings you JOY? my husband-dancing with him under the stars, the magic of Christmas (LOVE decorating every room in the house), my grand children, family, making people smile, laughing with my sisters until there’s no more sound but wheezing and then – you know pee a little (gasp)!, making new friends, flowers
- What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries
- Who is your role model? Why? My mother – the most godly, patient and beautiful woman I’ve ever met or known.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? Just one??? Um, it would be Italy for starters….
- What do you love most about YOU? I am an ordinary person, make mistakes, humble enough to apologize, cry at the little things, laugh at the funny things celebrate the small things, simple, plain, and love my life.
- What do you believe is the root of the world’s problems today? Dishonesty, lack of compassion, trust, love and selfishness
- If you could be a television star, what character would you want to be? I really can’t think of a answer! Totally blank
- Other than basic necessities, what are 3 things you would take with you as you colonize Mars? My husband/family, seeds/plants, duck tape – fixes everything!!
- What is the title of the book you would write if you were stranded on a desert island? This was the first thing that came to mind – “Well Crap What Are You Going To Do Now?”
- If you were a color, what would it be, and why? Purple – it’s the color of the room I use to write my blog. I feel happy every time I walk in the room .
- What food do you absolutely detest? Liver, Menudo, brussel sprouts – I have several…..
- In the “Queen/King of the World” election, who would you vote for and why? That’s a tough one – do I have choices or just anybody? Certainly not myself – who wants THAT kind of stress?!?!
- What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had? I can barely remember my kids, grand kids and sometimes husbands name much less a dream!!
- If you could pick an existing symbol/icon/logo to represent you, what would it be and why? A bird – my namesake. I love how eloquent they are.
- What is your favorite joke that you’ve told more than once? From the movie The Boondock Saint’s (1999) only I clean it up.
- What is your favorite mode of transportation, even if you’ve never experienced it? I would like to say flying but here lately I’m not so sure about the airlines…hmmmm
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following 11 blogs, I am able to show thanks and appreciation for the joy these individuals have brought to my life. If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…
- What is the one song you’ll never stop listing to?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve eaten?
- A coffee or tea drinker?
- What is your all-time favorite food?
- Why do you blog?
- How would you spend the perfect evening?
- What is your favorite holiday or season?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
- If you were to move far away from where you currently live, what are some things you would miss?
Again, thank you so very much!!