- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (or cooked with a good southwest seasoning)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches) or flour – can be quarted for layers
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes or substitute with 1 can tomatoes (drained)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, green onionns, fresh cilantro, chopped corn, black beans, sliced jalapenos
- Combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa in a small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings.