I LOVE Bolthouse Farms – Vanilla Chai Tea. I LOVE doughnuts. I LOVE raspberries so what more could I ask for?
I wanted to share three of my loves with you-I haven’t made these (yet). I just found this recipe…Yummy!
For the doughnut holes:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Bolthouse Farms® Vanilla Chai Tea
For the raspberry glaze:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon multi-colored sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a doughnut hole or mini muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl sift to combine flours, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the the eggs one at a time and then mix in the milk until the batter is frothy. Mix in flour mixture just until combined.
- Add one tablespoon of dough to each doughnut hole cup and repeat with the remaining batter. Transfer to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While doughnut holes bake, combine raspberries with 3 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer until the raspberries become a sauce, about 8-10 minutes. Press raspberries through a fine mesh sieve, removing all the seeds. Whisk powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon into the raspberry sauce until smooth.
- After baking, allow doughnut holes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack with parchment beneath. Drizzle with glaze and top with sprinkles. Serve warm.
I’m thinking I need some chocolate somewhere –