- 1 lb Ground beef (can substitute ground turkey)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 Small cup (from grocery store) fresh sliced portobella mushrooms
- 1 15 oz. diced tomatoes – (garlic/basil)
- 1 24 oz. Jar of Prego sauce – any flavor (my secret ingredient)
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Thyme seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Basil seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Oregano seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and brown. Remove grease
- Saute onion, yellow bell pepper and portobella mushrooms.
- In sauce pot add Prego, diced tomatoes (undrained), all dry seasonings. After draining grease from beef combine with sauce and sauteed vegetables. Stir well and bring to a simmer. I usually cook my sauce a very slow simmer for about 1 – 1/2 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Cheese Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf of french bread or baguette
- 1 stick of butter, soften
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp dry marjoram or dry italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese your choice
Preheat oven 400 degrees. Cut lengthwise. Mix butter, sour cream, dry ingredients, 1/2 cup cheese together and spread on bread. Place bread on cookie sheet or aluminum foil and bake until cheese is melted. Remove bread from oven a top remaining cheese (I sprinkle additional marjoram or italian seasoning with cheese) and place back in oven set on broil and cook until cheese is melted and slighted toasted.